The dining room is normally a place for the entire family to spend some quality time, talking and relaxing. Mealtimes are the best times as they make you connect with your family. So, the space has to be welcoming, comfortable and should send out a positive ambience. By applying some relevant Vastu tips for your dining room, you can easily design a Vastu-friendly space. In Vastu Shastra, every place and direction has a certain kind of energy. This energy controls our emotions, behaviour as well as the quality of food. So, it has become extremely important to find out where to eat.
Let us learn some Do’s and Don’ts of Vastu tips for a dining room.
- West is considered to be the best direction for the dining room in the house.
- The second best option to make a dining room is east facing.
- While having your meal, face towards the west.
- The entry to the dining room should be preferably in the east.
- North is another good option for dining room entry.
- Make an adequate arrangement of ventilation for air and light in the dining room.
- If possible, place the dining table in the west direction.
- Other options of dining table placement are south and east direction.
- The dining table should be either rectangular or square in shape.
- If you have heavy furnitures in the dining room, put them in the south, southwest or west direction.
- To keep water, use the northeast direction of the dining room.
- Washbasin should be placed in the north/east direction of the dining room.
- Avoid making a dining room in the southwest zone.
- Please remember that the main entrance of the house and the entrance of the dining room should not face each other.
- If possible, avoid making a toilet near the dining room.
- While eating, facing towards south is prohibitive in Vastu.
- Above the dining table, avoid making any heavy decoration/ construction.
- Avoid a south-west entrance to the dining room.
- Do not put television or any other electronic gadget in the dining area. It disturbs the peace while eating food.
- The dining table should not be placed adjacent to the wall.
- According to Vastu, round/circular dining table is not good.
- While eating, do not let the children sit in the South-west corner of the dining table.