Interior decoration, and more specifically, wall painting is one area where different styles have been a trend in recent years. It is better not to get overboard as a simple, cozy wall decor can make one really feel at home. While choosing a colour for your living room, do keep in mind the existing furniture and textures, in order to combine in the best way. While choosing the best colour for your living room, do remember that this is a space where you will come back home after work to relax or will entertain your guests. So, it is always advisable that you should look for a color scheme which is eye-catching but calming at the same time.
The steam from the espresso machine, heavenly aroma of piping hot cups of coffee, and an overall cosy atmosphere - these are some sensations meant to be relished at some cosy place. And if that place is a coffee station in the sanctuary of your own home, then life is good. Personal, customised coffee station ideas are no less than a wine connoisseur’s cellar. Sporting state-of-the-art equipment, top shelf beans and blends from around the world, the in-home coffee station is your own space. You can design it to fit your space and sensibilities.
If your home interior has a decent place for a coffee station corner, then there are some doable ideas for you.
Counter SpaceA compact coffeemaker needs only some water and a kettle to brew and it can fit easily in a corner of the countertop. You may not want it to be a visible kitchen tool. Hanging mugs, playful décor near the coffeemaker can help dress up the space and feel like a piece of the décor.
Simple SideboardAn antique or a brand-new sideboard can make for an excellent coffee station, if you can keep it in your living room enjoy offering coffee to your guests. That way, you don’t need to leave them and rush to your kitchen. Drawers/cabinets can hold extra mugs and stirrers. The coffeemaker may be new and sophisticated, but a distinctive sideboard can help make it feel a little more elegant.
HutchHutches offer a perfect combination of storage and aesthetic. Normally, hutches have large spaces which can hold more than a coffeemaker. You can add a few more hooks to maximise storage capabilities, and if there is something you are not comfortable in displaying can fit nicely in cabinets and drawers.
Hidden NookIt requires a proper planning with a small kitchen renovation. Tucking a hidden nook onto the counter can make a coffee station easily accessible and easily hidden. You can store inside almost everything required for making a good cup of coffee. If you are a person who believes in ‘out-of-sight is out-of-mind’ philosophy, then you can simply close the doors to hide the clutter.
Appliance GarageYou may have a turned an old kitchen storage idea into a new appliance garage. It can tuck your coffee station inside its own little countertop cave. That way, you need not bother of showing the coffee station upfront, but enjoy the brew instead.
Shelving UnitIf you feel that your coffee making supplies are visually pleasing for display, a simple shelving unit will be more than capable of holding everything necessary. Taller or wider units can hold more while smaller ones can be optimised with mug trees, stands, and other brewing tools. Coffee is one of the commonest drinks we all prefer to rejuvenate our mood. A coffee station at a 4bhk Flat in Gurgaon, preferably in Krisumi Apartments in Gurgaon would be a great idea to serve a cup in the trendiest way to your guests or family members.
The dining room is normally a place for the entire family to spend some quality time, talking and relaxing. Mealtimes are the best times as they make you connect with your family. So, the space has to be welcoming, comfortable and should send out a positive ambience. By applying some relevant Vastu tips for your dining room, you can easily design a Vastu-friendly space. In Vastu Shastra, every place and direction has a certain kind of energy. This energy controls our emotions, behaviour as well as the quality of food. So, it has become extremely important to find out where to eat.
Let us learn some Do’s and Don’ts of Vastu tips for a dining room.
- West is considered to be the best direction for the dining room in the house.
- The second best option to make a dining room is east facing.
- While having your meal, face towards the west.
- The entry to the dining room should be preferably in the east.
- North is another good option for dining room entry.
- Make an adequate arrangement of ventilation for air and light in the dining room.
- If possible, place the dining table in the west direction.
- Other options of dining table placement are south and east direction.
- The dining table should be either rectangular or square in shape.
- If you have heavy furnitures in the dining room, put them in the south, southwest or west direction.
- To keep water, use the northeast direction of the dining room.
- Washbasin should be placed in the north/east direction of the dining room.
- Avoid making a dining room in the southwest zone.
- Please remember that the main entrance of the house and the entrance of the dining room should not face each other.
- If possible, avoid making a toilet near the dining room.
- While eating, facing towards south is prohibitive in Vastu.
- Above the dining table, avoid making any heavy decoration/ construction.
- Avoid a south-west entrance to the dining room.
- Do not put television or any other electronic gadget in the dining area. It disturbs the peace while eating food.
- The dining table should not be placed adjacent to the wall.
- According to Vastu, round/circular dining table is not good.
- While eating, do not let the children sit in the South-west corner of the dining table.