There are different kinds of energy prevailing in your home, but the kitchen is one area that attracts good and bad energy. Every single appliance and utensil stored in your kitchen is essential, and if they are not placed according to the principles of the Vastu Shastra, then there won't be any positive energy. So you have to follow specific rules and Kitchen Vastu guidelines to enhance the positive aura.
From layout to placement changes, here is a list of some invaluable kitchen Vastu guidelines for better health.
Top Vastu Tips for Your KitchenTo ensure an abundance of positive energy in your kitchen, the elements of earth, fire, water, sky, and air must be balanced as per Vastu regulations. If possible, try to change the positions or amend certain places in your kitchen to increase the overall positive energy in your house.
1. The DirectionThe kitchen entrance in your 2BHK flat in Gurgaon is pretty important. According to Vastu experts, the entrance of the door to your kitchen has to be in the North-western or eastern direction. You also must ensure that the entrance is not in any corner of the house.
2. Kitchen LayoutWhen it comes to the direction of your kitchen, you need to ensure that your kitchen faces the south-eastern direction of your home. The fire element rules the direction of your kitchen, as per Vastu, so this is a perfect direction. If it is not possible, you can try to have a kitchen facing the North Western direction.
3. Direction for Kitchen StoveOnce you are ready with the layout and the direction of your kitchen, the next thing that you have to decide is the direction of the stove and the cooking gas. As per Vastu regulations, you should always place the stove in the southeast direction. Also, the person using the stove should face the eastern direction as it is considered auspicious.
4. Blow away negative energyAccording to Vastu, your kitchen should have at least two windows to let out the negativity. An exhaust fan is also essential; you should place it in the eastern direction to suck out the negative energy.
5. Position of the SinkSinks and taps in your kitchen indicate flowing water; hence, according to Vastu, the North-eastern direction is the most auspicious. However, the sink should not be close to the gas stove as fire and water are opposite elements and repel each other.
6. Position of the FridgeAs per Vastu regulations for your kitchen, the refrigerator should be placed in the Southwest direction, approximately a foot away from the corners. You need to avoid placing it in the North-eastern direction at any cost.
7. Tips for Electrical AppliancesMost modern kitchens have the latest electrical appliances like microwaves, OTG, mixer heaters, sandwich makers, etc. These electrical appliances should always be facing the Southwest direction in your kitchen. You also must ensure that none of these appliances is in the North-eastern direction.
Things to Strictly Avoid:
- You should not position the kitchen door in any corner of the house
- You need to keep space between the sink and the store
- Avoid building your kitchen directly under or above the bathroom, bedroom, or Pooja room.